Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Diplo Buys Stake in Arizona United Soccer Club

Diplo Buys Stake in Arizona United Soccer Club

Photo by Jas Davis

Diplo, along with TMWRK Management, has led a group of artists and music executives to purchase a minority equity stake in Phoenix's Arizona United Soccer Club. Diplo said in a statement:

“I’ve been really fortunate to travel all over the world and experience different cultures through music. Wherever I am, Jamaica, Spain, England, China, etc., soccer is a social constant. I wanted to figure out a way to get involved with the game and team sports so when Arizona United presented itself, I immediately jumped at the opportunity. I see soccer the same way I see music, as a connective tissue linking the world’s cultures.”

“Diplo, throughout his music career as a DJ, Producer and Artist, has always been about global culture, youth culture and inclusiveness, and we couldn’t think of a better match to not only fit our core demographic, but to wrap our team around,” said Arizona United SC's co-chairmen Kyle Eng and Brett Johnson in a statement.



from Latest News - Pitchfork http://ift.tt/1UrVlBA

No comments:

Post a Comment